This method applies to all of the brisket we stock, USDA or British.
You will need 200g of beef tallow, ghee or butter to prepare this.
- Preheat your oven to 170C
- Get two sheets of foil, shiny side up.
- Place the brisket on top,
- Place the your tallow/ghee/butter on top of the brisket, and wrap the foil around the edges of the brisket so that the foil looks like a boat or a tray.
- Place into the oven, on a wire rack (not on a pan) place a roasting tin/pan underneath to catch anything that leaks
- Reheat until the brisket probe tender - leave for at least, ensure that when probed it is tender. A toothpick should go in and out like a hot knife through butter. You should start checking around the 1hour 15min mark.
- Allow to rest for 15 mins, and then serve
The brisket will keep in the fridge for seven days if unopened. Consume within three days if opened.